I just wanted to share a few quick things for this week's Monday Made It linky hosted by Tara at 4th Grade Frolics. Be sure to check out all the amazing things being made by teachers - this linky makes my to do list expand each week!
I bought this box of adhesive magnet business cards at Staples Business Depot, a box of 25 cost around $6.00 a box of 50 is $13.62 and a box of 100 is $24.41.
Then I printed out this page. Here is a copy of the file I made . I cut out them out on the inside of the black line or the very edge of the black frame. Peel the backing off the magnets, stick on the little label and you have a class set of motivational magnets!!
I made (okay, printed and labelled) these drawers for next year. I have loved all the pictures I have seen of these organizers and I used the free labels from Elizabeth at Fun in Room 4B to label mine. Rachel at the Tattooed Teacher has also shared some free labels.
Check out what is in the first drawer waiting for summer vacation to begin, labels for a teacher toolbox!!
While I was making that (printing, cutting and adhering counts) I decided to do something about my paper trays. I have had these trays in my class for a number of years and when I organize them before school starts they look fantastic. But when the students use them they do not stay together, they become unconnected and fall into each other. So I hot glued them in place. Now I love them! The kids have been grabbing paper and math resources and not one tray has moved!! I just need to find a cute way to label them.
I reorganized my coloring supplies. I was reading this post from Tonya's Treats for Teachers and this post from Stephanie at Teaching in Room 6 and came up with this.
I used to have my supplies sorted into table bins but they never stayed as organized as I would like and students kept going to the back and grabbing one or two things instead of grabbing the whole bin (especially when I was not in the room to monitor or during indoor recess time!!!). So last week we tested our markers and sorted by color. I had these containers from a previous activity this year. I put up a suspension rod and sort of tilted the baskets on the rod. I was hoping to hang them but it didn't work.
I made some labels for the bins and used packing tape to tape up the end of the basket so that things don't slide out. I put tape inside and out of the end of the basket. The picture doesn't show very well but they are tilted.
|The red bin is taped and labelled, the green not so much. I used the adorable pencils from Krista Wallden.|